The Sydney University Lions Women played their inaugural season in 2018, and were crowned Opal Bowl VI champions.
Head Coach Milos Vrceij (Wolf) and Defensive Co Ordinator Kate Gardiner have both had Australian Outback experience, along with a team of support coaches from former Lions Mens players.
The team is made up of rookies and veterans, with some players participating in Gridiron NSW competition since the establishment of the womens league in 2013.
All players come from a variety of sporting backgrounds, with each position offering a development in interchangeable skills from other codes.
Training starts in the offseason and is essential to grasp the concepts of the game.
Dates and activities for 2019 are as below:
- Sun, 12 May: Skills Session I @ St Johns Oval
- Sun, 19 May: Skills Session II @ St Johns Oval
- Sun, 26 May: Trials & Testing Day @St Johns Oval
- Wed, 29 May: Club Information Night (Location TBC)
- Sun, 2 June: Lions Sunday Training commences @ St Johns Oval
- Wed, 5 June: Lions Wednesday Training commences @ St Andrews Oval
Please fill out the contact form to register your interest and be added to our TeamApp mailing list.
Also Like us on Facebook!